OUR GUIDE TO COMMISSIONING GLASS ART
(1) Contact us to discuss your requirements and approximate pricing for your project. We can also make anything you see on our website to your specification, for example with different sizing or colours. If you have a specific budget in mind please tell us at this stage, then we can advise on the best approach. There may be several ways to achieve what you are looking for; sometimes just changing the techniques used to make the item or simplifying the design can allow us to keep the work within budget. Each project is different so we cannot give a price list, however for decorative glass panels, a guideline price range is between £90 and £600 per square foot, depending on the techniques used and how much design work is needed. The more detail or intricacy in the design, the greater the cost.
(2) You can visit the studio to view samples and discuss the project, or if you prefer we can just work with your description over the phone or email and send you an estimate. If you are within roughly a twenty mile radius of the studio we will come to you, otherwise a refundable fee is usually payable.
(3) We will then send you a quote for the work. After agreement of the price we ask for an upfront payment to cover design work and purchase of materials (typically 50% of the overall fee). For architectural glass we normally visit the site at this stage and consider the existing interior decor, the window framing and the levels of light entering the room etc. This also gives us the opportunity to measure up and perhaps to make some preliminary drawings to check we are on the right track. You can provide your own measurements if you prefer.
(4) We then send you scaled, drawings and samples if required.
(5) If you are happy with the design (minor changes may be made at this stage at no extra cost), we will go ahead and make the panel(s) or artwork. We fully appreciate that clients may need some time to consider the design and may well want to make changes and we only go ahead with construction when you are 100% happy with the proposal.
(6) We deliver the new glass (and install if required) then the remainder of the payment is made.
We take work on in any part of the UK, but travel costs are charged for site-visits if you are based more than 20 miles from us. We prefer to visit the client at least once, but it is possible for us to design and make stained glass without a site visit at all; communicating via email, Skype etc. Panels can be collected from us or we can courier them to you securely packaged in custom-made crates.